Friday, July 2, 2010

Unpack.



Not only am I home, NY, NYC, but I am really at my home,
OUT of the city...on long island, for the rest of the summer.

yippee! time to unpack, set up my summer studio, and get back to sewing!

I found my camera cord,
I had soooo many photos...
so I made a separate place for you to look at them...

click here

You have some retreat photos to see...

You may have read some others recap of the weekend.
Let me just say, we laughed til we hurt...
What a fun bunch of gals.

We covered just about every topic you could think of... which might
make a good post for another day...


**

some MN photos, (Walnut grove,laura ingalls town),
Mississippi river, sunsets, clouds)



The Mighty Mississippi,
left side, Wisc. - Right side, MN.


Isn't this barn gorgeous??
I had to stop to get a picture of this one...
After driving across PA and OH, I thought I had seen all the different barns,
until I saw this one... in MN.


some family photos...
My aunt Marianne, Aunt Judy, My mother, me and B,
and don't forget OLIVIA... she wouldn't sit for the photo...)

and some MN QUILT SHOW PHOTOS...
Go see.
I noticed I have seen a few of them at the Lancaster show,
and I am assuming I will see a few of them at Houston again this year as well...


BEST of SHOW, was a beauty, I must say. A lot of really great tiny details.
much like the Japanese quilters...



And this white on white, I just adored. I want it...


And this pinwheel baskets was pretty great too.
amazing hand quilting.




A really impressive show.

OK, back to unpacking... time to sew!

14 comments:

Char said...

Love the pictures! Gorgeous quilts and family.
I love the Hydrangea, it's been my favorite since I was a child.
Enjoy the holiday.

Terriaw said...

So fun to see all your pictures from your vacation! Looks like you sure had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing!

shellysquilts said...

Hey V, Your pics are fabulous! I luv the painted house in Minneapolis and the pics of the quilt show. My very favorite are of our retreat (it was a wonderful weekend.) Glad your home safe and sound! Hope you get to quilt your brains out this weekend!

The pics of the pelican are amazing, too! You rock!

Chase said...

the white on white quilt defiantly is amazing~ the barn is very so cool! s and i wanna buy a barn someday! we plan to have some animals and our own garden etc.. have a great weekend and thanks for the info. I will let you know how it go! :)

Alexis said...

Great photos! I love the barn and the pinwheel baskets quilt. Looks like you all had a great time!

Rene' said...

Hey V, so glad you made it home safely! Gonna check out the retreat photos. I love your hydrangeas!!!! Wow! That red barn is fabulous too! So glad you stopped to get that picture. Thanks for sharing all your photos! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Stephanie said...

Your hydrangea is spectacular and so are the quilts from the show. There's something wonderful about old barns. Have a great weekend.

beth said...

I love that family picture. so sweet. And...thanks for the pictures from the quilt show. amazing!

Ali Honey said...

I can't think of any other tree or shrub that puts on such a display of blue as the hydrangea. Fabulous.

I enjoyed your photos . A couple that took my eye were on page 5, one won a ribbon the other had a black background and bright flowers.
I am looking forward to seeing photos of Long Island.

belinda said...

I am sooo glad you GOT home and that NOW you are REALLY HOME! Looks like you had a wonderful reteat and a great family visit!!

OK...stop with the CUTE blog headers and fabulous Hydrangea photos!!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That hydrangea photo is amazing!
Great retreat memories too.
Where is that barn? Love it. Happy 4th!

Barb said...

welcome home, enjoy your summer!
great quilt photos - thanks

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Looks like one of us is having too much fun. :) Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures!

Vesuviusmama said...

Thanks for posting the close-up photo of the pinwheel baskets. I wasn't sure how they were constructed, but now I think I've got it figured out. I love baskets, and that may be one that I just have to try!

Post a Comment