Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BASIC QUILT KIDS



Back in MAY, I went up to make blocks with the kids at BASICS, remember this? It was a great day... the kids so loved making the blocks, and now, I am about to quilt the first one, of two...


It will wash up all soft and raveling on the edges of the little pieces of the
fabric they glued down...
B had input for the backing, she said it had to be soft, so flannel it is...


Hope it will be super snuggley when it's done...and bring many smiles...
and
quilt hugs...
;-)






Back in MAY, I went up to make blocks with the kids at BASICS, remember this? It was a great day... the kids so loved makign the blocks, and now, I am about to quilt the first one, of two...

9 comments:

Judi said...

B was so right about the backing. Looks fabulous.

Marydon said...

Darling! What a fun family project!

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think you work magic V - you can take ANYTHING and make it into a beautiful quilt!

Julia said...

LOVE IT!!!!! All caps mean I'm shouting, right? Just want you to know I mean that I really LOVE IT!

WoolenSails said...

That is adorable, love it.

Debbie

Nifty Quilts said...

Touching and very special. I love the face block especially.

Thanks for the comment on the vintage blocks. Yes, it will be a fun one to finish!

Mary said...

what a cute quilt.

Barb said...

very very cute!!
love the backing

Vesuviusmama said...

I envy the person who gets to snuggle under that beauty. What fun!

Post a Comment