Saturday, May 29, 2010

Things

Perhaps I should be fishing... Instead I am playing with my camera...
It's hot, gorgeous and windy enough for me to break out the
claritin... And pull my weeds out of the flower beds around my cabin...

That's where I found this little guy... For some reason there are
100's of dragonflies! Everywhere you look they look like little
fairies flying around you...

Magical.

Hop over to my friend shelly's blog.
Http://shellysquilts.blogspot.com

She wrote a post about machine quilting... Go and read it, if you find
you get frustrated or intimidated about quilting your quilts. Her
advice has made my own machine quilting go up about 10 notches!

Best advice? Stitch in the Ditch everything to hold it all in place,
take out the pin basting then do your free motion...

It makes a world of difference...

And doodle doodle doodle on paper to have a plan... Then go for it!!

5 comments:

shellysquilts said...

Hey V, Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you? I stand in awe of your fabulousness! Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I'll see you in 2 and 1/2 weeks. Yipee!

Clare said...

Thanks for the link - I've made a note of it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. It's blowing a gale here!

xx

Cathy said...

Sounds as though you are having a lovely time, gorgeous dragonfly. Thanks for the link will be checking that out! xo

Marie said...

Love the dragonfly (and the colors). But liked the link even more - I needed that 'kick in the pants' to get brave enough to machine quilt beyond straight line or echo quilting.

Hugs - Marie

Claudia said...

Just read your post about "should be fishing"..and I see your dragon fly.... May I ask where you are?.... I am in Minnesota at the cabin...and we have MILLIONS of dragon flies now... Have a great weekend...and enjoy your time at your cabin.

Post a Comment