Tuesday, May 11, 2010

15 + one day


Shelly and I are constantly working on collaborations together, and last week she put together scraps that she made into one piece of fabric, using my "15 Minutes" a day to squeeze it in between other projects...

These piece are about 1", some less, and over all it was about a 12" square.
I knew right away, as she as posting it ,what I wanted to do with it...

I couldn't wait to get my grubby little hands on it!

So. I rcvd it yesterday, and right away I got to making the tree.
15 minutes.

Then today, for 15 minutes, I added the borders around the tree, and with my fabulous
Accuquilt cutter, whipped out the half square triangles...
See what 15 minutes gets ya!
Hope you like it, lady!

*****
Something I needed to spend 15 minutes on was this little mothers day quilt for my Mother!
Yes, I know I'm late! it's all Paula Prass fabrics... I just Love it. Summer Soiree ,
I think has been one of my all time favorite lines...
I savor every last piece of it I have... YUM.

Over the weekend, I was playing in my scrap bins to make a few scrappy blocks...
More to go, But I will save that for another day for 15 minutes each...


My daughter has been helping me lay out a few more Basics House Block Quilts tops...
It's been so fun to look through the house blocks and find themes among them for quilts...

My Pal Britt, took three sets for quilts to put together for me. Thanks Doll!




Got Quilts?

Keep the quilts coming for the Bumble Beans Basics Quilt Gather!

The more quilts I get the more prizes I can give away!


A bunch have been sent, and am waiting on the updates from Basics...

******

Happy Sewing!

oooh! Lastly! Did you see Karen has her ONLINE QUILT MUSEUM , up and running?
Go peak, it's so fun to look through all the great quilts!

12 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Awwww ... that's so sad. I thought it was more than perfect just the way it was!!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

Different strokes for different folks!
I know who is receiving it, and know she will love it. It's Right up her alley!

shellysquilts said...

Indeed I luv it! It is right up my alley! Beyond fabulous, my friend! Can' wait to see what else you do with it! Happy sewing!

Vesuviusmama said...

I'm convinced that 15 minutes in your world is longer than 15 minutes in mine - you get so much done! Of course, maybe it is my slow (Libra) thought process where it takes me that long just to decide what I am going to do for 15 minutes...

Beautiful and fun projects!

Britt said...

Oh your Mother's Day quilt is sooo fabulous! Lucky mom. And the tree quilt rocks! I can't wait to get home and start sewing those blocks into tops and see what I can get done with 15 minutes a day.

Deanna said...

Aaaaa! I am so excited to see MY blocks in a quilt. Yep, the brown one on the bottom with the funny little houses is mine. I am making a tutorial for that style of house, if anyone is interested. It should be up late this week or the first of next week.

It is so good to know that the little bits of work we all do adds up to a lot of good in this world.

Deanna.

Jamie said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Your Mother's Day quilt is really nice! I also love the tree!

Mego said...

Just saw your quilts over at the Museum. Mine too! What fun is THAT??? Love your mom's quilt! And of course, you and Shelly are doing fabulous work!

The Scrappy Bee said...

Hmmm....My 15 minutes is ever expanding. Time is only relative.
Love all you got done as usual.
BB

Rene' said...

You and Shelly collaborate well together! How fun! Love your other minis too, and the house quilts are looking fabulous!

Carolyn said...

I would like to be on the e-mail list I really like site. and it has good ideas

Carolyn said...

I would like to be on the e-mail list I really like site. and it has good ideas

Post a Comment