Sunday, September 27, 2009

what fun!


Busy Little bees!
Shelly, me and Andrea made a fabulous mess this past weekend.



We had some machine quilting lessons from Shelly. She made me some geese for my blue green quilt! Love them!We made improv tops to practice our machine quilting skills, and made some improv tree blocks too...



We worked on some Sis Boom POW blocks with Jennifer Paganelli fabrics.
this is my second block, Again trying something I've never done before, a dresden and will applique it down on the block.
I will be cutting up the fabrics this week, to be sent out by Friday! (fingers crossed)


It's going to be one colorful quilt!

I've never had a big sewing weekend like this before. I highly recommend it! Picking each others brains about how to do things, or what works and doesn't has already made me feel like a better quilter... And who doesn't like some good old chatty time!

So, if your making the Donation applique blocks, try something new! get creative! It's good to try some new things, when you are making just one or two blocks, instead of getting overwhelmed by a huge quilt...

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

We had such a great time.
Thanks Shelly for schlepping your sewing machine up to NY!
And you too Andrea! up and down subway stairs is no easy feet either!

Happy Sunday!

I will be putting together the Pixie Dust blocks this week. Yippeee! They look so great!


12 comments:

ROZ said...

Love that Dresden plate

What Comes Next? said...

What a fabulous studio you have! and what fun to have friends over to sew in it. Sorry I missed out on your latest gather, but I can tell its going to be smashing! Love those fabrics, and your dresden plate block looks great - traditional with POW factor!

Jenny said...

looks like a lot of fun! wish Indiana and NY were not so far away!

MichelleB said...

Hooray for quilting with friends! You are so very lucky. The blocks look great, too.

Michaela said...

Such great colorful blocks and a fantastic studio!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love those trees! Seriously, I totally love them.

shellysquilts said...

V, That dresdan plate looks fabulous!! Let me say for the gazillionth time. I luv that Jennifer Paganelli fabric! And our trees do look great. It was a wonderful weekend. Thanks again for having me!!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like a great quilting weekend! Those fabrics look great...and congrats on your first Dresden plate!

Sherri said...

It's great to sew with friends...and you have such a great space to have a get-together!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great fun!!
So we'll try something new, creative and with lots of color!! I'll be planning something good!

amandajean said...

it looks like you had so much fun!!! (still jealous over here!) those little trees are knocking my socks off. sooooooooooooo good!!! i can imagine how fun to pick each other's brains and quilt together.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

i love those littles trees! it looks very funny and youre studio is simple awsome!!!

Post a Comment