Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sitting on the dock :-)

>
>
>
> Well, we made it! It's amazing how much sewing you can get done in
> airports and airplanes!
>
> It's quiet.
>
> I'm exhaling.
>
> I read some funny things in country living... Relating to my hubbies
> reaction to mini quilts being quoilys and SIobhan's hubby calling
> them untouchable potholders. Here it is:
>
> Laura Ashley's husband called her napkins and placemats and other
> domestic items "very degrading"... Never mind that was in 1955 and
> he went on to be head of the company after Laura fell down the
> stairs and died!
>
>
> And, seperately, you know all those fabulous zig zag quilts we see
> and love to make? Well Charles schultz two months after he debuted
> the comic added Charlie browns zig zag on his shirt to make his
> character "pop!"
>
> Do you think of him ever without it?
>
> Guess that's why we love those zig zags.... POP!

9 comments:

Michele said...

Okay, wow. Laura Ashley is dead? She probably died before I knew of her stuff. Kind of sad. But I love that you continue on with your beauties. Don't die. I'll be so mad. LOL! You've got years and years to entertain us. Keep up the good work!

sewtakeahike said...

quoily's! I love it!

Tara said...

I love visiting my MIL and catching up on her midwest living mags. I don't know that I could live there, but I LOVE visiting!

Amy said...

Now I'm going to be singing 'dock of the bay' all day!

Jackie said...

Interesting little factoids.

YankeeQuilter said...

I need to find a photo of the quilt I made from three Laura Ashley bride's maid dresses I wore in the 80's....If I recall correctly we all looked a like sofas with legs in the wedding photos - big floral patterns no sane woman would every wear! It felt good to take a scissors to the lot!

shellysquilts said...

Glad to hear you have found some calm. Hope all your appliances are working. Enjoy your weekend.

What Comes Next? said...

Aaahhh! Sounds heavenly! Enjoy your time away. Charlie Brown without his stripe? Nah!

Judy in Michigan said...

Any ideas for what we can do for our Tonya? I wish I could be there to help her out.

Post a Comment