Tuesday, September 1, 2009

one year!

Wow, How time flies!

A year ago I was sitting reading blogs, as I had just "found out" about them... I had been looking up gardening recipes for canning and came across some great food blogs.
Then I thought, HMMM? What else do i like to do,
Quilting! sewing!
Low and behold the blogger bug caught me...

One of the first blogs I found was of course Tonya's lazy gal quilting. And She was my very first comment!
So many firsts!

In this past year I have learned:
To machine quilt
beats hand sewing sometimes and hand tying!
Binding quilts
I used the roll the back forward method for years as it was the only way I was taught.
Thank you fabulous tutorials & Tonya!
Quilting with Perle Cotton
Thank you Tonya!
Free pieced letters!
Thank you Tonya!!!



Friends I have made.

I made some daring leaps into friendships,
not being a terribly social person, I was quite excited to meet people who
I already know I will have a common interest with!
some of whom I have met and have become wonderful pals.

Andrea,Tonya,Amy,Amanda,Heather,Shelly

Many generous friends who've helped me with Donation Quilts!
So many to name.
But steadfast to help is
Linda,
She has donated her long arm skills to quilt my first 9 patch gather donation quilt, and has offered to quilt the second PixieDust Quilt as well.

Other Fabulous people who are first to donate things for me to help
Pixie Dust Fabrics
Jennifer Paganelli
Paula Prass

So stay tuned for more gathers. I have some lovely stuff to work with, and I love to give back and help wherever I can.

***
I've had my first three serious commissioned Quilts, My first new Juki Sewing machine!
and my first Quoily!
(some may recall my husband coined this word. )
Quilt + Doily = Quoily
;-)

or Mini quilts if you must!



So thank you bloggie friends. For helping make the first year a fun experience. I love that I have Quilty friends all over the world now! And I look forward to year number two! Which will include a trip to Houston to the Int'l Quilt Festival in October. Who else is going? Perhaps a few more friendly meet & greets!

And a give away. But not yet.
When I get back from this trip. I've been to busy to prepare with all my
appliances & vehicles dying on me... ;-)

34 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

congrats for the first year and hope you have more years blogging!! i love found your blog and all you says sounds like a really fun and interesting experience!!!!

Cheryl Arkison said...

That's a lot of challenges mastered in one year! Putting it all out there really focuses our efforts, doesn't it?
See you when you get back!

Kit Lang said...

That's a lot of firsts in one year!!!

Congratultions on your blogaversary!

*throws sparkle dust in the air and then sweeps it up, because that stuff gets into everything!*

;)

Kath said...

Happy Bloggy birthday! look forward to may more interesting posts. I'm off to Tonyas now, as I need to learn how to bind my hand pieced quilt. best wishes Kath in England

shellysquilts said...

Congratulations! Wow, you've done alot in a year. And, I'm thrilled my name is on your list of new friends. Yipee! Enjoy your vacation, you certainly need some quiet. Hope you have a drama-free trip, my friend.

MichelleB said...

Congratulations! I've really enjoyed following your blog and seeing what a bundle of energy you are.

amandajean said...

congrats on a year of blogging. i'm so happy to have been able to meet you in real life. :) you've accomplished a LOT in a year. yay for you! hope you have a great trip. and good luck with the apartment stench, too.

Tara said...

That's fantastic! I just started blogging in February and have learned so much as well. Not to mention that my list of things I want to learn has quadrupled!

Janet said...

Congratulations on 1 year of blogging!! Lucky you to go to Houston :0) I sure like the picture of your quilts all lined up like that.

Britt said...

You go girl! Awesome progress this year - you are so productive! And a special congrats and thank you on the blog birthday - it brightens my day every day.

Trudi said...

Happy Blogaversary! Such a lot to accomplish in such a short space of tme! Here's to many more years of blogging, quilting, gardening, good food and great freinds! Have a great trip, hopefully your parcel will have arrived by the time you are back, Enjoy!

Hedgehog said...

Congratulations on the milestone! You have a lovely blog. It's one of my favorites! Tonya was one of my first commenters, too!

What Comes Next? said...

Fabulous bunch of Firsts! Hard to believe that you've been doing some of these things for less than a year! Congratulations on your blogiversary. Yours is one that I always know I'm going to find something incredible on!

Sarah said...

Oh Happy 1 to you! How fabulous. I hope I have that many quilts completed after my first year. Somehow I think not! I certainly know that I won't have my pantry stocked like yours!!

Andi said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

Debbie said...

Great year, V! Congrats. I look forward to the year to come. Thanks!

Jean said...

Happy blogiversary!! I enjoy your posts and your adventures in quilting.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on ONE GREAT YEAR! And many more to come...

YankeeQuilter said...

You sure have fit a lot into one year! Congratulations!

My DH calles my mini-quilts the "untouchable potholders....."

Fabric Fanatic said...

Congratulations, V on a busy, creative, and productive year. I would never have guessed it's only been a year!

Sorry that your appliances are revolting (literally! lol) but happy that you have it all in perspective.

Sharon said...

Happy Blogiversary!! I can't believe it's only been 1 year! You are such a bundle of energy and have done so much (so many quilts!!) that it must be longer than one year. I hope your next year is even better!

Have a fun, safe trip and I hope nothing else "breaks" for a while!

Kathie said...

happy blogday :)
enjoy your trip, we never made it to MN, oh well
good luck with all the car/applicances, oh I understand trust me!
relax and enjoy your trip and can't wait and see what you find this time out there
think red and green applique/Kathie will want this!!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats on your 1st year, I love reading your blog! Look at all your beautiful quilts hanging on your rail....fabulous!! xo

Tonya R said...

congrats on the anniversary! woohoo, so glad you started blogging.

Cat said...

Sounds like a fabulous year! Congratulations on hitting the one year mark with blogging.

I'm amazed at all the quilts you've done! Totally amazed!

Keep on quilting!

ankastreasures said...

Wow! You have had a busy year. Congrats on the Blogiversary. It's always fun to see what you are up to next - whether it's in the sewing room, kitchen, travels, your daughter, etc!

kz said...

Congrats on your year of blogging. I really enjoy seeing the quilts you have made and the garden you tend. It is very inspiring. Here is to another fun year....

settlerspeace said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your ability to accomplish so much amazes me! Congrats on all of the firsts, may you continue to conquer new things and inspire us along the way! :)

Corn said...

Happy One Year! Job well done! On the quilts and on the blog, they have both grown beautifully and I have enjoyed the Quilts you made for us :) I forsee a lot more growth and success in the future.

angela said...

That is certainly quite a year! Congratulations!

badlandsquilts said...

congratulations...

countrycosy said...

Happy Bloganniversary. Wishing you lots and lots of them.

Janet said...

Sooo glad you started a blog and that I found you shortly after I started mine (3 months after you). Your posts are fun, full of photos and your quilts have been inspirational. Thanks for the fun and for being you.

Cher said...

had to say great to hit your first year of blogging and I will be in Houston for the show this year- plane tickets bought.

Post a Comment