Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tornandos, rain and sun!


Pixiedust gather people: if you post a pick of your block, PLEASE send me a link,
since I am away I am SOOO far behind on my blog reading... I don't want to miss anything. Janet and Amanda, I saw your gorgeous blocks already!

***

Wow. We had a Tornado come through MN Tuesday evening, right near our lake, straight across central MN. That was fun! Thankfully I was not at the cabin when that happen, and on that note, I hope my cabin is still there! I was on my way to Minneapolis to see some friends, and make a visit with Crazy Mom quilts Amanda!
(she hand delivered her pixiedust square to me! woohooo!)
She was wonderful! B and her kids played in the park for hours... It was a glorious day. It was so nice to chat quilts, ideas, likes & Dislikes... We grew up very near each other, yet we had no idea each other existed until life in blogland...





My pal Shelly of Shelly quilts, sent me this lovely not so mini, mini quilt out of many of my scraps, and hers. I LOVE her machine quilting. There are so many sweet details in this quilt, You need to look at it for hours.... Thanks lady! Love it!
It looks really good in my cabin too! woohoo!

so, I'm off for a swim. Yep, I broke down and took B to this place....
I'm not fond of them but she is so excited, I have to go get wet...
oh well ,the things we do for our kids.
;-)

15 comments:

blushing rose said...

Love of our lives, aren't they ... speak & you shall receive. Chuckle! TTFN ~ Marydon

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Glad you didn't get blown away!

I love the quilt Shelly made. There really is a lot to look at in that little quilt. The machine quilting is wonderful.

I'll bet B loves the water park! Looks like a lot of fun to me, too.

Rachel said...

Looks like you're having a great vacation. I love the mini quilt from Shelley!

I haven't received my pixie dust fabrics yet. Could it be that it's taking extra long for the mail to get them to Canada?

Janet said...

Looks fun, quilts, visiting, and a day with your daughter. Life is good.

Cathy said...

I cannot imagine what having a tornado go through must be like (although sometimes my house like like one went through!!!), we don't get them here in Australia. Isn't it wonderful the friends we meet in blogland, and even nicer when you can meet them in person. xo

Mushyhed said...

I LOVE waterparks! I hope you had fun and so glad you and AmandaJean had such a great visit!

Kit Lang said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. :)

I love love LOVE the mini quilt! The colours are so refreshing and vibrant - makes me feel happy just to look at it. Inspiring!

Can't wait to read more of your blog...

Nanci said...

Blog land is wonderful and here you meet someone whom you should have met years ago! Wonderful quilt your friend made.
We have sure had crazy weather this summer...here in Ontario too!

shellysquilts said...

Glad to see y'all are having a good time. Tornadoes are not fun but the rain is good. I gotta tell ya I have never heard of an indoor waterpark. Hope you had fun!

Tonya R said...

what a cute little quilt. your bumble beans banner is looking awesome as well.

MichelleB said...

Sounds like you had a great visit! What fun. Love your new not so little quilt - so cute. And yeah. Water parks. Great. lol Have fun!

Corn said...

Indoor park sounds kinda cool!! We have had a crazy summer here too not a day without tornadic clouds.
Love the mini-quilt I plan on taking a class on machine quilting because I think its an amazing art when done well. Enjoy the rest of your stay :)

Solange said...

I love the quilt from Shelly..so bright! really lifts the spirits..I hope the cabin is still standing..I had a good chuckle picturing you guys at the indoor water park..Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sarah said...

Love your banner. Are you going to put it on your blog for the heading? Thanks for the fabrics, they arrived today. I will make it up this weekend and get it sent off ASAP. Thanks so much!

Bethany said...

Wow, that mini quilt is BEAUTIFUL!

Post a Comment