Sunday, July 26, 2009

monday to do


My new Dish towels!
Except these are so darn cute I don't think I can use them!
Chocolate, truffles, sundaes, oh my!
Love dish towels. My grandmother and mother alwyas had these around...
I can't live without them.

A not so subtle hint from my daughter, left on the counter today....
I spent the day weeding.. so I guess monday I will be baking.


Did you do this when you were a kid? my dad taught me this as a kid.
an old bar trick...
stick a spoon and fork together, slide a toothpick through the middle, and it balances on the edge of glass filled with water..., then light the end of the toothpick over the water, and stub it out as it reaches the glass... it stays balanced...

Wow! She was quite amazed! ;-)

***


I know. Not enough sewing going on around here right now...



I did play a bit with this project. I quickly realized, I do not have
nearly enough reds to make two quilts...
And I desperately need more of Jinny Beyer palette red....

if anyone has some they can part with I'll swap ya for something....let's talk. ;-)



Kia is our Cavalier King Charles, and is deaf. So when I need her and can't find her. The first place I look is behind the couch cushions.... She falls asleep, and slides down behind the cushions.... She's to cute, and to funny...


I hope you all have a lot more sewing going on then i do.
How are those Pixiedust blocks coming along?

****




13 comments:

Bethany said...

Love those dish towels. Your zukes are amazing (from other post). I have none yet, unheard of at this time of year usually. Your garden is lovely, and huge. Your quilts amazing. Really fun, wonderful blog. Love the note from your daughter, so cute.

Sharon said...

Your dishtowels are so cute! Don't know that I could bring myself to use them either!

The love note from your daughter is so cute! I miss having those little love notes around. *sigh*

Jackie said...

Love the towels! I don't think I would be able to bring myself to use them either. I have to say that I never saw that trick with the spoon and fork. I am going to give it a try. I bet the family will love it!

Stephanie said...

I'd be hanging the dishtowels as art. I wouldn't be able to use them either. Cute!

MichelleB said...

Those dishtowels are wonderful! Did you make them? I do not know that bar trick! Not enough time spent in bars, I guess. lol

angela said...

Awesome towels - your own embroidery? I finally decided what that one little block will be - so I can get going on it now!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Fun dishtowels. I'd always be drooling over them! Lvoing the fun, fun reds! Wish I had some to swap ya!

I think you need to impress ME with this cool trick the next time we're together! How does it work???

Happy sewing, my dear!

Mal* (turning*turning) said...

Your photos are always so colorful!

My granny and grandma always had those day-of-week towels around, too. I've avoided making them (although I love them!) because I fear owning anything that is so precious that it will never be used. Thoughts?

Trudi said...

Towels are so cute, as is the dog! Love B's note, mine jusy asks out loud now, though I still get the occasional note.

Don't think I have any JB, but am happy to rummage for red, if you can wait that is.

Happy quilting :o)

dee said...

words can't express how much I love that red quilt.

amandajean said...

i love the note from B. so precious!!!

Doris said...

Where did you get those towels? Love the designs....

Congrats on your anniversary, same to Mr. N. M.

I recently pulled fabrics for a red quilt, and found I had the same problem. I never realized I bought so little red...

My block should be in the mail by the end of the week.

John said...

I made my block last night! No pics yet as it was too late ... but I'll package it up and send it as soon as I can get a decent picture. It was fun!

Post a Comment