Monday, August 2, 2010

to do list...



One project off the wall. 4 remain... this green and purple is nearly done.
Appliqueing little flowers it the centers, add some cute borders...

my Big yellow scrappy stars quilt,
Needs three more stars... I keep making it bigger... sigh.
Then I need to figure out how I am going to piece all the half square triangles
around the whole thing...I'm procrastinating that just a wee bit...

then there are two smaller projects peeking out above...
But I have to get the green and purple top off my wall...

Goals for the week...
Green and purple
Three scrappy stars
Plus, I have three more quilts to bind for the BASICS quilts,
and get them photographed...before the auction so
people can see them... Some will go up for sale on their site...
will let you know when that happens...


Look at this pile of BASICS quilts!
I love seeing this stack grow...
Another 21 will be added to this stack soon...
then I have 8 more here to finish piecing...
I think then I will have completed 50 quilts
from all your house blocks you all sent in...


Family movie nights this summer,
have become VINTAGE TV nights...
We've seen little house, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island,

Name the show.

and guess the latest from the above image...
Don't you just love her dress!!! ha! what a hoot!
The dress nearly gives the show title away!
B is just LOVING these shows...



Our nature beasts are becoming a bit TO friendly...
they are just not afraid of people anymore,
and nearly come right up to you...

I'm sneaking into the city tonight, check out the paint job at the loft,
get a few things, mail, and then the doctor, back out here tomorrow afternoon...
I hope you all have a lovely day!
we have rain coming! Going to go enjoy the sun before it rolls in!

14 comments:

Lesly said...

"Hello, world, hear the song that we're singin'
C'mon get happy!
A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy!"

Oh I loved that show - I wanted so badly to be Laurie and wear those minidresses and go-go boots!

Doris said...

C'mon Get Hap-py! Watched many an episode of the Partridge Family post school afternoons in the 70s...

Shirley Jones' dress looks like it would make a fabulous quilt...

YankeeQuilter said...

I missed a deer by inches this morning...wonder if it has something to do with the time of year? They are all over that place!

Love the quilts your are working on...great colors....

Stephanie said...

I think you have the happiest and most colorful design wall of all! Wonderful stack of quilts. I'm machine quilting one today and hope to have it mailed out soon.

Oh The Partridge Family. David Cassidy was dreamy. Gosh I feel old!

Alexis said...

Looks great- I heart that green & purple quilt. You sure are having a fun & productive summer!

Mary said...

We bought the complete sets of The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Gilligan's Island, Little House On The Prairie, and the Gidget movies for Kellie. She loves them all! You can hear her up in her room laughing hysterically at those old shows.

Mego said...

My kids loved all those 70's TV show too! We get them on KONG TV out here in Seattle. Just recently found a station on the 'upper' cable channels that has Rockford and Hawaii 5-0. Wasn't Shirley Jones beautiful?

Deborah said...

I'm amazed at how much you accomplish! I love the colors of your quilts!

Nifty Quilts said...

My goodness, you so work quickly! Great stack there, and lovely green and purple wheels.

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Oh, man! Now I've got that Partridge Family song in my head and I can't get rid of it. It's definitely a catchy little tune.

I really love your wall. Can we trade? :)

I promised to send you an orphan block, then I totally forgot to do it. I'll send it tomorrow, really. I'm so sorry about that.

Tonya R said...

love the design wall. hope you made extra blocks of all those quilts - would love to see them mixed together!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Big surprise - green and purple is AMAZING! I really like it.
Oh yes, that Brady Bunch, so unlike our family of nine kids on a farm.
Did you see this: http://jenniferpaganelli.typepad.com/sis_boom_day_dreams/2010/08/quilt-perfection.html
You probably did, but I think it's worth a second look.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Deer being close beats skunks! Or snakes!

Hope your doctor visit/painting checkup/etc. goes well.

Valerie said...

*grin* The Patridge Family, of course! We don't have cable at home and just after the 4th of July I was surfing our local channels (+ all those crazy sub-listings) and stumbled upon a gem called the Retro Television Network. Be still my heart --- The Rockford Files, Kojak, Simon & Simon, and the A-team, just to name a few! I also found a movie network called THIS --- with quite a few obscure 70's movies that are good for a laugh. Public TV isn't half bad if you're willing to suffer through the legal ad counsel and HoverRound commercials.

Post a Comment