Sunday, August 8, 2010

aaaahhhhhh.


Lovely Sunday...
B was off at a carnival...
I had company coming by...

They brought me my mail from NYC.... So now my brain is ticking away
wondering what I can make with these new Christmas prints!
Silver and gold! I don't usually use Xmas or theme prints, but these
tonal beauties caught my eye...

A few orphan blocks arrived!
thank you Courtney, Janet and Chris!
Chris found the dresden in an antique shop 20 years ago... A true orphan!
sheesh! It's time it finds a home...

If you haven't guessed yet, there will be a new Kitchen sink quilt in town... soon!
but not soon enough... I refuse to start another project until I get back into the city to my BIG HUGE Design wall... I'm thrilled to think about starting another giant puzzle
as I did on the first one... I wonder if I can make it work with all your blocks you all sent...
So many different beauties, it will be a great challenge.. I'm always up for a challenge. ;-)


I tried, very unsuccessfully to quilt outside today....
it didn't happen, but I can truly say, I had a restful, lazy day.
I think I needed that.
Hope you did to!

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

even YOU get a day off once in a while...relax!

CharlotteP said...

You work so hard most of the time...great you enjoyed a lazy day!

Clare said...

Don't be too hard on yourself for not quilting. I've hardly done anything all summer. You can't sit with a quilt on your lap in this heat. You'd melt!

So stay by that pool and keep cool.

Patty said...

I've been drooling over those silver and gold Christmas prints too! Just trying to behave myself and follow my "no more fabric this year' pledge...I need to whittle down the stash first :-)

Terriaw said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend a Sunday. Hope you enjoyed a relaxing nap in between the afternoon and company visiting.

Mary said...

ugh, too hot to quilt outside around here! I like the quilt you are working on.

MamaT said...

I hope it wasn't as hot outside as it was here, today. 104! Still 95 at 9 p.m. Quilting indoors, as usual.

Carol from Panama said...

Victoria - I sent you an orphan block - via the Panama mail system - albeit our "premium" trackable service. I am never sure if the package will make it. Could you let me know if it arrived? This is what it looks like:

http://pananani.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/patchwork-of-the-crosses-block-1/

If not I'll try and track it to see where it went.

Carol Skinner

Post a Comment