Thursday, August 12, 2010

the day after




Well, seems some of you have found me!

I was worried about the name change on the blog that I would lose a bunch...
I just thought that my website and my blog should have the same name...
(note the blog address changed to:)

http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com

I think the reader, link issues have been worked out...
Although I have now realized that any old LINKS to posts in the old name, will not load...
oh well... let me know if you come across any other issues so I can try to get them fixed...

You can always access the blog through the website as well...

http://bumblebeansinc.com

Sort of starting fresh...

Speaking of fresh...


Do you see these fat quarters above?

I ordered some other fabrics the other day and the place had a
special on a grab bag of fat quarters...

I think it was $10, so I thought, what the heck,
it would give me some pieces I wouldn't normally play with...

I was right! They are not fabrics I would select...
So I was thinking a good challenge would be to use
ONLY those fabrics to make a quilt,
and limit myself to selecting ONE other fabric
to make it big enough..
and of course, use every last bit...

hmmm, we'll see...



I got this old top on ebay for cheap... Funny how your eye works though,
as when I first saw it I saw sort of a 9 patch on point, snowballed in the corners..
now all I see are some weird pinwheel that I don't like...
It might need a rework...



OH! before I forget, here is a link to all the BASICS QUILTS
I have so far gotten together...
BASICS QUILTS for fundraisers
More are coming, I just need to photograph a few more...

and, hmmm, there was something else...
oh! yeah, you can see more of the TOP quilt over at 15 minutes play...

alright, I'm outta here...
Happy sewing!

7 comments:

mary.keasler@gmail.com said...

Found ya! And I really love the new look.

Chase said...

fun! love your new blog! i changed the address...

Alexis said...

There's no way I'd loose track of your work- I'm excited to see what your grab bag quilt turns out like! The new site & blog look great too!

Janette and Nick said...

Wonderful new blog. The new fabrics don't seem you but I am really excited to see how you make them your own. Janette

Annie said...

I absolutely love grab bags. So much fun to anticipate what you're going to get. I'm always thrilled with 90% and wonder what the heck I'll do with the other 10% percent. Anyway, they are a good way to have a variety of small pieces when you do scrap style quilts.

: )

Tonya R said...

found you! hmm, gotta say, not fond of that ebay quilt. guess that's what happens with photos and not seeing things in person. sure you'll do wonders with it though.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Whenever people see the old pinwheels, they associate them with the nazi symbol. Exactly, the opposite! They stem from ancient architecture and an ancient Hindu healing symbol. I did an entire blog post on that years and years ago. It's the nazis who stole and corrupted the pinwheel, not vice versa!

Post a Comment