Wednesday, June 9, 2010

thrilled


Well, What day to wake up to...
(click to enlarge)

This box arrived today....
With the GARDEN GATE quilt inside!
I chose not to quilt this commission quilt myself.
It was 116" square and frankly,
I loved it so much, it needed more that I could give it...

So off it went to Linda at Cottage garden quilts...



Look what she did to it!


Thank you Linda!
I'll see you soon, as we drive across 1-80 Saturday on our road trip to MN.
You will get a HUGE hug lady!

And if you want Linda to quilt something for you,
remember the BASICS QUILT GATHER!
when we get 100 quilts,
We will raffle off a $100 gift certificate for services provided by Linda!

Meanwhile, I am off to do the binding on this beauty
as it goes to it's new home tomorrow!

How many hours do you think it will take me?? 6? 8?
I may need new fingers by the end of today!!!

16 comments:

upstateLisa said...

wow, it's gorgeous, Victoria!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful quilt highlighted by gorgeous quilting.

Vesuviusmama said...

I'd be thrilled, too! Linda did a wonderful job with your lovely quilt. It is hard for me to picture a quilt that large - wow! That is a lot of binding stitches. I wish you swift and hardy fingers as you finish it off!

Judi said...

Wonderful work to both you ladies.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your quilt is beautiful. It is quilted beautifully too! I saw your comment on Mary Lou's blog. You should come to Grand Rapids in September and see Art Prize. GR really is an artsy place.

Trudi said...

What a beauty! You did a fantastic job of the quilt, so very soft and subtle, and Linda did it proud with the quilting! Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Mrs Moen said...

It's perfect, Victoria! Do remember to take pictures after it's finished. The binding would take me forever; you deserve a gold medal if you can do it in 8 hours...

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I am with all the other commentors...this is so soft and beautiful and the quilting is fantastic. It really compliments the design. Gorgeous!

Alexis said...

It is so pretty and the quilting is awesome! Good luck with the binding lady!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

A combination of two artists is needed to complete a quilt like that!! Beautiful!

Jamie said...

Simply stunning!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting.

Debbie

Valentina said...

Victoria, what an amazing quilt and the quilting... O MY! Thanks for taking all those close-up pix for us to enjoy (drool over!)... Linda, you are so talented!
... save your fingers and take it easy... I am always so surprised how much longer binding takes! :)
But oh, so worth it! Congratulations on a Beauty!

Sarah said...

It's really really lovely Victoria! The quilting looks fantastic too. Wow.

Summer :) said...

How pretty! :)

Shelly said...

O, Victoria, that turned out so absolutely gorgeous! You should be so proud! And the quilting . . . oh, my goodness . . . I'm waiting for the day I can be that good (which may never happen) . . . what a sweet little lady who received it, too, and I loved her comment. See you next week . . . woohoo!

Post a Comment