Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fabric choices...


Fabric requirements:

I've had a few good questions about collecting your fabrics...

my quilt top is aprox 50" square.

I used 1/4 - 1/2 yard of, i think, 9 different fabrics...
Depending on which ones I wanted more of or less of in the quilt top.

Some asked about Jelly rolls, I would say this:

You need to be able to cut various size of strips.

We will not be using a ruler to cut these strips...
A rotary cutter to randomly cut strips is all we need.

we want wonky wavy strips... from 1" to about 2 1/2 or 3" strips, and long is best...

I have some scraps left over but not a lot...




KatyK.
if you read this, send me your email... thanks!

I suggest you keep it to solids, or blender prints... (subtle fabrics with small designs)


My preference, I am loving the solids... I don't do it very often...
But ultimately that choice is yours...

I tried busier scraps, and a blender, and solids on this little piece...
You decide.



6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Fun colors...I am hoping to find the "perfect" turquoise before starting this....if not then what I have will just have to do!

Jackie said...

I love the randomness of varied strips. It definitely adds interest to a quilt.

amandajean said...

so scraps would work, right? i love the little sample done up in prints, too. how fun is that? i may just have to do one of each. (what else do i have to do, anyway? it's snowing again!!!) i'm so excited about this!!!

Debbie said...

Hi, I'd like to give the waverunner a try. Can I still join in?

kwiltmakr said...

I am not sure how well I will do with it but I would like to give it a go.

sweetypie said...

i would love to do your waverunner! from sweetypie50@hotmail.co.uk

Post a Comment